Former Australian TV actress Jodi Gordon and her ex-boyfriend have agreed to stop speaking to each other for two years after their relationship broke down and a ‘physical altercation’ reportedly took place.
Police have asked for Apprehended Violence Orders (AVOs) to be put in place to protect Ms Gordon, 37, and Sebastian Blackler after an incident on April 3 at a bed and breakfast in Kurrajong Heights, 75km north- west of Sydney.
Blackler, 31, and the former Home and Away and Neighbors star did not show up when their cases came up in Windsor Local Court on Thursday.
Instead, their lawyers appeared via video link to tell magistrate Leanne Robinson that the former couple had agreed to abide by AVOs preventing them from contacting each other in any way for two years.
Gordon and Blackler also must not assault, intimidate, threaten, stalk or harass each other, or damage each other’s property, under the latest AVOs that Magistrate Robinson imposed.
While Gordon and Blackler agreed to abide by the terms of the AVO, the court was told the couple would not make any admissions to the allegations contained in court documents filed by police.
Gordon or Blackler have not been charged with any wrongdoing and police have not brought any charges.
According to court documents obtained by The Australian, the AVOs were removed after Gordon reported a ‘physical altercation’ while at the bed and breakfast.
In the documents, police allege the former Logie-winning Neighbors and Home and Away star was found with bruises on her eyes and lips, as well as bumps on her forehead.
Police alleged Gordon was drunk and claimed she “fell against the counter”.
The injuries “appear to be several days old,” the court documents say.
After the incident, Mr Blackler was also found with swelling and bruising in his left eye.
“Blackler said Gordon hit him with a bottle of wine,” police said in court documents.
“Blackler was asked to provide a statement (but) declined.
“Police are concerned domestic assaults are occurring between the parties, with Gordon’s intoxicating drinking exacerbating the violence…there is clearly domestic violence between the parties (but they) are reluctant to reveal how the injuries have been suffered.”
The incident comes as Gordon prepares to make a return to television in Nine’s new The Celebrity Apprentice series.
It was not the first time the police had been called upon to intervene in Gordon and Blackler’s failed relationship.
In November 2020, police attended Gordon’s apartment in Double Bay to investigate an allegation of domestic violence.
An acting AVO was removed to prevent Mr Blackler from assaulting or threatening, stalking, harassing or intimidating Gordon.
It expired at the end of 2021 and no charges have been filed.
The couple reportedly broke up in May last year, but are understood to have reconnected towards the end of February this year.
After her first split from Blackler in 2021, Gordon dated Sydney businessman Aidan Walsh.
That relationship ended in December 2021, just months after she announced they were making their social media debut.
Gordon was previously married to former NRL star and Fox Sports presenter Braith Anasta between 2005 and 2010.
In 2009, while dating Channel 7 CEO Ryan Stokes, she was found curled up in biker Mark Judge’s bedroom after Stokes filed a missing person report.
The couple reportedly told police they were being chased by outlaw bikers.
Police found no attackers, and Stokes and Gordon broke up after the incident.